Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Do you Dye Easter Eggs?

I was at the doctors' office this past week and my appointment happened to fall the day after our family dyed our Easter eggs. Unfortunately, I came away from the experience a little scathed and the result was one green finger. (Don't ask..it just happened).

So upon the doctor spying my one green finger, I blurted out .."oh..we were dying our Easter eggs!" She looked at me a little taken aback, then said, "I am so glad to hear that. I didn't think anyone did that anymore." Really?

I guess with the ease of plastic eggs maybe this tradition has moved to the wayside.
This has been a favorite childhood memory of Easter time. Oh.. the magic of watching the colors take shape as you dipped and re-dipped the eggs. We have dyed eggs every year since the children were born.

As the children have gotten older we have moved onto making a bigger event. This year we had the cousins over for lunch and to dye the eggs. Even my 17 year old niece joined in the fun.

So the question is does your family dye eggs for Easter?


We were crazy for adding glitter to our eggs this year.


Everyone busy.


My little one had a thing for pink this year. She dyed all of her eggs pink.

I hope you all have a great weekend!


1 comment:

The Nagle's said...

We LOVE this tradition and Easter wouldn't be the same without it. As I type this, I have multi-colored tinted finger tips. LOL How could people not do it? It's like not carving a pumpkin at Halloween. I convinced a neighbor yesterday with a 4 and 7 year old to dye eggs for the first time, I hope it is a tradition they will carry on for a very long time. Happy Easter My Friend!